Intern Place/Position: LevLane Advertising, Digital Marketing Intern
Supervisor: John Ballard
Hello! My name is Allison Doumith and I am a rising Senior at Temple University (where has the time gone?!). I’m majoring in Advertising with duel concentrations in Media Planning and Research & Strategy, with a minor in Digital Media Technologies. I can be reached at email@example.com or on Twitter @AllisonDoumith_ if you have any questions about my internship experience this past Spring semester.
I had the privilege to work as a Digital Marketing Intern at LevLane Advertising, a full-service advertising agency based in Philadelphia, PA, specializing in brand planning, digital advertising, media, creative, research and strategy, among other areas of expertise in the industry. As a Digital Marketing Intern at LevLane, I worked directly under the search and digital advertising department where I was tasked with various duties, ranging from (but not limited to) Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and data analysis and reporting.
Interning at LevLane allowed me to take the skills I have learned in class to the real world, where I was able to expand and hone my skill-set in business communication, SEO, SEM, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and Excel– to name a few.
Starting a new internship can be intimidating (trust me, I know). Here are 5 tips to being the best intern you can be that I’ve learned along the way:
- Do your homework – on everything and everyone. Know the company like the back of your hand. Know who the “Top Dog” is and set up a meeting with him/her.
- Treat your internship like a real job – because, it is!
- Ask questions – as many as you can. It shows your motivation and willingness to learn.
- Network, network, network – your co-workers are valuable resources waiting to be tapped into.
- Push yourself – take on responsibilities that don’t necessarily fit your job description. You’d be surprised with how much you learn.