Mark your calendar, DesignPhiladelphia is near! This year it will be the 8th annual DesignPhiladelphia Festival from Wednesday, October 10th through Sunday, October 14th 2012. The Festival in partnership with The University of the Arts, will bring together the region’s dynamic creative communities with events including a mix of exhibitions, lectures and public forums, runway shoes, book signings, parties, workshops, and open studios. DesignPhiladelphia will transform the city to showcase ideas and designs of the present and future showing just how important design is in our everyday lives.
- Createadelphia 2 Campus Philly: A career fair and networking event. Don’t forget your resume! [Oct 10 From 3:30 – 6:00 @ 1818 Market Street, #200]
- Fast Forward >> What’s Next for Philly? 20 slides at 20 seconds each to answer the question [Oct. 10th @ 6:00 pm 1218 Arch St]
- Open Air: 24 giant robotic searchlights will light up the philadelphia skyline responding to the frequencies of your voice and your GPS location [Sept 20-Oct 14 nightly @ 8-11pm Benjamin Franklin Parkway]
- Making It: Alumni Works ’02 – ’12 A juried exhibition of art and design works by recent undergraduate and graduate alumni from The University of the Arts [Oct 9 – Oct 29th @ 320 South Broad Street]
- Locals Only: Neon Signs Inspired by Your Favorite Dive Inspired by the warm beers and cold neon glow of your home town bar. [Sept 21-Oct 12, Reception on Oct 10th From 6-9pm 340 Brown St, 2nd Floor]
- Free Happy Hour and Underdogs Check out Bluecadet’s latest interactive touchscreen exhibits, websites, and apps. [Oct 11 From 5-7pm 1101 N. Hancock Street, Unit 101]
- Art Market at Tyler A fine art and craft sale featuring original work by our very own Tyler School of Art alumni, faculty, students, and other local artists [Oct 12 From 11am – 7pm 1001 N. 13th St]