FACEBOOK AND TWITTER…GASP!…PRODUCTIVE????
WE ALL DO IT. Sneak onto Facebook and Twitter in the middle of doing our work. Well here is something to make you feel less guilty about it. Make it …. productive… (GASP!!…FACEBOOK, TWITTER PRODUCTIVE???) How, you ask? Use Facebook and twitter not only as a tool for stalking people, but as a place where you can get updates on what is going on in the advertising and design industries. Here are some great pages to follow. Also, I’d suggest following any wishful future employers, and getting up to speed on what is happening in their agency or firm. This could give you a leg up during the interview!
Follow these pages on Facebook and Twitter for great advertising and design inspiration!
1. SCARY IDEAS – “Covers the best and the worst of the advertising industry”
Scary Ideas Facebook and Twitter pages
2. THE INSPIRATION ROOM – “Advertising, Design, Marketing Inspiration from the Worldwide Creative Community.”
The Inspiration Room’s Facebook Page
3. BITTBOX – “freebies, articles, and tutorials for creatives”
Bittbox’s Facebook Page
4.ADFREAK – “your daily digest of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design.”
Ad Freak’s Facebook Page
5.ADVERBLOG – “Digital Advertising and Marketing : Only the Best Ideas Worldwide”
Adverblog’s Facebook and Twitter pages
6.YOU THE DESIGNER – “a graphic design blog that publishes graphic design tips, graphic design resources, design news and much more!”
You the Designer’s Facebook and Twitter pages
7.AD AGE – “is the leading global source of news, intelligence and conversation for marketing and media communities.”
Ad Age’s Facebook and Twitter Pages
8. BRAND FREAK– Part of Ad Week focused on Branding news
Brand Freak’s Twitter
9. SERVED – “Fresh Works from leading creative professionals”
10. BEHANCE – “The Creative Professional Platform. The world’s leading platform for creative professionals to gain exposure and manage their careers.”
Behance’s Facebook and Twitter pages