I heart Chemicals.
The word Chemical can be scary, unless you have done your research. I spent the entire summer researching chemicals at my internship. I became consumed with chemicals. Researching chemicals that I could not pronounce, I found myself conducting more research to learn more information about each. I learned that we all need chemicals in our daily lives. Chemicals are needed for every one of us to survive. To even say chemicals are toxic is almost like saying people are bad. Some are. Most aren’t. It depends.
Here are some facts that I learned about chemicals while working this summer.
- Mostly all chemicals are named for their compounds.
- Molecule is simply another word for chemical.
- Your entire world is made up of chemicals. Are you still afraid of chemicals?
- Foods are made of bunches and bunches of chemicals. Nothing more, nothing less.
- When we eat, we eat chemicals.Some chemicals are simple, such as H2O (water) or NaCl (salt). some are complex, such as protein in filet mignon. But in the end……..they’re all chemicals.
- There is no part of a food that is not a chemical.
“Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.” Dave Berry
Hey Maria, I find this blog post interesting because of how your company uses chemicals. It is good to see that you were able to learn some things about science while also learning about advertising related subjects during your internship.