A sales intern has the opportunity to be around the best salespeople who know how to sell, take on new and exciting projects, listen to what’s going on around him/her, drink from the water cooler, learn many many names, and be a part of a highly energetic sales meeting every week.
What happens during a sales meeting?
The weekly sales meeting topics include upcoming sponsorships, partnerships, upcoming events, and valuable industry information. I made the best of these meetings by taking notes and listening. If I didn’t understand a particular piece of the conversation I would write it down. That way the next time it was mentioned it usually would trigger a memory.
What assets/advertising opportunities does CBS offer to its clients?
- Digital Advertising
- Opportunities with sister radio stations
- Television (Channel 3)
What advice would I give to future interns?
- Never be late. Most importantly, never be a minute late to a sales meeting!
- Be assertive when asking for work. During downtime ask if another department can use your help.
- Think to yourself constantly. How can I make someone else’s job easier? And just do it.
- Proofread all emails, documents, etc; before sending to your supervisor.
- Speak and ask questions at the right time.